General NewsOdd News

SAD!! 3 Dead, One Blind After Drinking Hand Sanitizer

SAD!! 3 Dead, One Blind After Drinking Hand Sanitizer


3 people have reportedly died and one permanently blind after drinking hand sanitizer.
The other three people who are believed to have drunk the product are in a critical condition in New Mexico.
According to the Department of Health, all seven people are believed to have drunk hand sanitizer containing methanol,” the Details on who the victims are and where the incidents took place have not been released.
SAD!! 3 Dead, One Blind After Drinking Hand Sanitizer 2
Reports say some people have been known to resort to alcohol-based hand sanitizer to get intoxicated.
Before the break of the coronavirus pandemic, the product was banned in most US prisons out of fears inmates might drink it or use it to start fires.
“If you think you may have used or consumed hand sanitizer containing methanol, please seek medical care,” New Mexico health secretary Kathy Kunkel said.
“An antidote to methanol poisoning is available, but the earlier someone gets treated for methanol poisoning the better the chance of recovery.”
But global sales of hand sanitizer have skyrocketed since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
SAD!! 3 Dead, One Blind After Drinking Hand Sanitizer 3
But earlier this week, the US Food and Drug Administration warned against using products manufactured by Eskbiochem SA due to the possible presence of methanol.
Officials discovered the toxic chemical in samples of sanitizers produced by the Mexican company.
Methanol can be dangerous if significant amounts are ingested or absorbed through the skin, potentially resulting in nausea, vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, seizures, or coma.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close