General NewsLocal News

I miss my husband; wife of Assemblyman in Major Mahama trial pleads for mercy

I miss my husband; wife of Assemblyman in Major Mahama trial pleads for mercy

Wife of the Assembly Member of Denkyira Obuasi, now New Obuasi, William Baah, alleged to have incited the murder of Major Maxwell Adam Mahama has pleaded with the government to temper justice with mercy, ABC News.

Fourteen persons, including the Assembly Member of Denkyira Obuasi, William Baah, are standing trial at an Accra High Court over the killing of Major Mahama, who was an officer of the Fifth Infantry Battalion at Burma Camp.

His wife, who said she has missed her husband after months of detention, says the act was not deliberate and that her husband together with the other accused persons should be released from police custody.

”My husband was not around when the incident happened. I think he got himself involved because he is a leader in the community. What happened was not deliberate. I wont speak for only my husband but also for the others involved. We are pleading with government as well as assuring that what happened wont happen again. I miss him,” she said.

Meanwhile, Chiefs and people of Denkyira Obuasi are calling on state prosecutors to quicken the process of the trial of the accused persons  in order to lay the issue to rest. They say the closure of the case will bring about peace in the town and also facilitate development.


Information gathered by ABC News on a specialist pathologist’s account of the injuries suffered by the late military officer indicates that Major Mahama suffered burns and fracture among others.

Dr Lawrence Adusei said thorough investigations on the body of the late soldier revealed there were burns involving the head, lower and upper limbs, abdomen and other parts of the body. He also noted multiple lacerations on the skull and fracture of the chest bone among other injuries.

He added that before carrying out the examination, an X-ray he conducted showed that bullet pallets were launched on his left jaw and other parts of his body.

The late Major was on duty at Denkyira-Obuasi in the Central Region when on May 29, 2017 some residents allegedly mistook him for an armed robber and lynched him to death.

The mob had apparently ignored his persistent plea that he was an officer of the Ghana Armed Forces.



NOTE: Eyewitness/writer? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp number: [+233] 0242824261

Email: email:

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *